Koi Fishes are beautiful pets with good memory power. They remember their owner and person feeding them. By proper care, they can be easily trained like other pets for taking foods from hands. Had thought about what do koi fish eat? Okay, Let’s see some healthy foods and super easy tips to become a loving person for Koi. Koi fishes are good eaters, and they love eating healthy foods. See about Koi fish facts and History of Koi fish.
Few Best Feeding Tips For Koi Growth
1. As we have known, Koi are good eaters, so you need to feed at least four times a day. With a correct time gap, Koi can take its needed food, which helps attain a good shape and size. Also, with the time gap for every meal supports the proper digestion of foods. While feeding the food to Koi, only give food that can be eaten within five minutes. This method ensures the complete and adequate absorption of food.
2. Being good eaters, it can take all kinds of food eaten by humans. So, don’t hesitate and give both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian foods. The common foods offered for Koi are rice, peas, cereal, bread, and lettuce. Egg and shrimp are the most common non-vegetarian foods— this what Koi fish eat for better growth and development.
3. You also give insects as food for Koi, and they love eating all kinds of foods ranging from plants to smaller bugs. Apart from natural foods, you also feed the store brought meals.
4. During winter, the feeding has to be reduced, and food is given only after the proper metabolism. The main reason behind this is that Koi prefer not to eat much because of the slower metabolism rate.
5. With a good eating habit, a koi fish can quickly increase in shape as well in size. So always give food after a short time gap or after complete digestion. The Koi will show its appreciation for the proper car, and you can become the most loving person for Koi.
6. Avoiding feeding Koi during extreme climatic conditions like severe rain and storm. The main reason is that oxygen drops in the pond during heavy rain, which slows the metabolism of foods. So always avoid feeding Koi during heavy rain or storm.
7. The food for Koi has to be fed based on the season like spring, fall, and summer. Carbohydrates are the best during early spring and fall. Go for protein-rich foods during summer, which helps better mating for mature fishes.
8. The size of the food is also matters when it comes to feeding Koi fishes because the smaller fishes cannot take larger meals. So while feeding foods like rice, or bread, make them into smaller pieces. For Larger Koi fish, feed normal-sized food as they can quickly eat large-sized food and digest them easily.
9. While you are around the Koi, the time as passes as fun. So always enjoy while feeding Koi Fishes. Moreover, you can spend your time just by watching the graceful swimming of Koi.
10. Do not overfeed the Koi during the maintenance time of your pond tools like water pump and filter because Koi needs the right amount of oxygen and clean water for the proper digestion of foods.
You can quickly become a lovable person by following above feeding tips for Koi. Apart from these foods and tips, you can also look for the store foods with premium nutrition, which also helps in the healthy growth of Koi. Moreover, you can find a wide variety of Koi foods online. So, you must select a food type that helps to increase growth, vibrance, color, and vitality enhance. Furthermore, select the food size based on the age of Koi fish because the small fish might eat tiny pellet food while mature Koi eat larger food.